I know what you are thinking…
She must be CRAZY.
It’s that time of the year and I am getting in touch with my inner basic-ness. Well, no Uggs, North Face Jackets or actual Pumpkin Spice Lattes…just these surprisingly delicious pork rinds!
I’m not gonna lie, this recipe is pretty much the same recipe from Keto Adapted or Ruled Me. I just added that extra fall Pumpkin Spice flavor!
To my surprise, you don’t actually need to buy legitimate pumpkin spice or make a blend of your own! You can buy Pumpkin Spice Flavoring, and it actually smells like Starbucks in the Fall when you open it.
I added the toasted nuts to give it a more well rounded flavor. Most of these recipes call to eat this as cereal, but I just like to snack on it and wanted a little more substance to it.
The recipe is super simple. Melt, coat, chill, consume. I hope you keto guys & gals enough!
Keto Pumpkin Spice Pecan Pork Rinds
- 1 ounce unflavored Pork Rinds, Broken into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans (I used salted)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons Swerve Sweetener
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp Pumpkin Spice Extract
- Heat a large pan on medium heat and add butter.
- Once the butter has melted, remove from heat and add heavy cream, cinnamon and Swerve. Start mixing it and return to the heat.
- The mixture will start bubbling. Continue mixing it until the Swerve is dissolved, about 2-5 minutes.
- Take pan off heat and add Pumpkin Spice extract, stir until combined.
- Add your pork rinds & nuts to the pan and mix them in. Make sure all pork rinds get coated.
- Transfer pork rinds to a container or onto foil and put in the fridge until cool.
Looks amazing to me!! I’ll have to give this a try with what I have on hand…basic pumpkin spice blend by Primal Palate. I think it’ll work out fantastic. Thanks for the tip.