I know what you are thinking…
She must be CRAZY.
It’s that time of the year and I am getting in touch with my inner basic-ness. Well, no Uggs, North Face Jackets or actual Pumpkin Spice Lattes…just these surprisingly delicious pork rinds!
To my surprise, you don’t actually need to buy legitimate pumpkin spice or make a blend of your own! You can buy Pumpkin Spice Flavoring, and it actually smells like Starbucks in the Fall when you open it.
I added the toasted nuts to give it a more well rounded flavor. Most of these recipes call to eat this as cereal, but I just like to snack on it and wanted a little more substance to it.
The recipe is super simple. Melt, coat, chill, consume. I hope you keto guys & gals enough!
Keto Pumpkin Spice Pecan Pork Rinds
- 1 ounce unflavored Pork Rinds, Broken into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans (I used salted)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons Swerve Sweetener
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp Pumpkin Spice Extract
- Heat a large pan on medium heat and add butter.
- Once the butter has melted, remove from heat and add heavy cream, cinnamon and Swerve. Start mixing it and return to the heat.
- The mixture will start bubbling. Continue mixing it until the Swerve is dissolved, about 2-5 minutes.
- Take pan off heat and add Pumpkin Spice extract, stir until combined.
- Add your pork rinds & nuts to the pan and mix them in. Make sure all pork rinds get coated.
- Transfer pork rinds to a container or onto foil and put in the fridge until cool.