Who doesn’t love doughnuts (or if you prefer, donuts!)? Maybe someday someone will be able to perfect a low-carb version of a yeast raised doughnut, but for now we have the cake variety to dine on!
Dipping these bad-boys in chocolate adds a little crunch to the super soft baked doughnut! If you can’t find a low-carb chocolate you like, check out ChocoPerfection! Click the link below for free shipping!
The only real catch to this recipe is owning a doughnut pan. If not you can always make muffins out of them! With a little less than 3 net carbs per doughnut, these are a great guilt-free treat!
Chocolate Orange Cake Doughnuts
- 1/2 cup plain unsweetened greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- ¼ cup Swerve Sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 large orange, zested for garnish
- 8 (10g) Dark Orange ChocoPerfection Bars
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a nonstick doughnut pan.
- Add yogurt, butter, Swerve, vanilla and apple cider vinegar to a blender. Blend on low for 15 seconds.
- Then add almond flour, baking soda, and salt. Blend on low for 15 seconds until combined.
- Add eggs and blend on low for another 15 seconds. Then blend on high for 20 seconds until light and fluffy.
- Fill greased pan with about 2 oz. of batter per doughnut.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes, until golden brown. Remove and let cool in pan for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- After the doughnuts have cooled, melt ChocoPerfection and dip each doughnut until one side is covered. Sprinkle with orange zest and serve!
Fantastic doughnuts. I am so excited about that chocolate. Thanks so much for the post.
How many carbs per recipe please