So Valentine’s Day is upon us. Candy, flowers and fancy dinners. Usually this means breaking a diet.
Not this year!
Honestly, I prefer a cozy night in. I don’t need any special gifts on February 14th. Relaxing on the couch and watching a movie with my hubby & fur babies is all I really want….and something sweet!
This dessert is super easy to make! No baking required! Ricotta is one of my favorite cheeses, but be careful–not all ricotta is created equal! After reading the nutritional info on a few different brands the carb count can be 3-10 per serving! So make sure you are getting a cheese with the lowest carbs possible, we don’t need any added sugars!
This recipe also calls for my favorite low-carb chocolate, ChocoPerfection! They have so many different flavors and each bar is under 2 net carbs! Definitely a worthy investment in my book! But, if you don’t have any and you NEED this recipe in your life ASAP, you can substitute either unsweetened bakers chocolate or a very dark Lindt bar. It’s just not going to be as sweet as with ChocoPerfection…
Chia seeds are another fun addition to this recipe. Their thickening power makes it so you don’t have to cook the raspberry sauce at all! Just blitz it all up and viola! Tangy & sweet ruby red raspberry sauce.
If you cut the tart into twelve portions and use all the raspberry sauce you end up at about 7 net carbs per serving!
Raspberry & Lime Ricotta Tart
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup sweetener (Swerve, Erythritol or Sweet Perfection)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 Dark Raspberry ChocoPerfection bar (1.8 oz), broken into chunks
- 3 cups ricotta cheese
- 1-8oz package cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sweetener (Swerve, Erythritol or Sweet Perfection)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- zest of 2 limes
- 2 Dark Raspberry ChocoPerfection Bars (3.6 oz), finely chopped–reserve 2 tbsp for garnish
- 1 cup raspberries, fresh or frozen, for garnish
- 1 cup raspberries, fresh or frozen
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 tbsp sweetener (Swerve, Erythritol or Sweet Perfection)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- Melt butter and 1 ChocoPerfection bar in microwave in a medium sized bowl.
- Add almonds, cocoa powder and sweetener to bowl. Stir to combine all ingredients.
- Press mixture into a 9″ pie plate.
- Place in refrigerator to chill.
- Using an electric mixer (stand or hand-held) mix ricotta, cream cheese, sweetener, vanilla and lime zest until fluffy, about 4-5 minutes.
- Fold in finely chopped ChocoPerfection bars.
- Pour mixture into crust-filled pie plate and smooth the top evenly.
- Refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender and pulse until liquefied.
- Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Beautiful tart. I too will grinch my way through Valentine’s Day. I coudl grinch better if I had this tart.
That looks great! Raspberries are always perfect for valentine’s day 🙂
AWESOME!! I love it that you have low carbs recipes, I try to avoid them as much as I can, but as you said, times like Valentine’s day And also Christmas makes you break your diet 😦 I am certainly saving this recipe ❤