So week 3 of my hardcore Keto Dieting is over! The past two weeks I was stuck at 240 pounds and it was killing me! Everything I have read about keto had told me that what I was experiencing was normal, it was just my body switching from burning carbs to burning fat.
I started Intermittent Fasting as well, basically I gave myself a window from 12-6 to consume my daily calories. The day after I started my weight loss stall broke! I also ate less cheese and started eating Fat Bombs as my snack between meals (about 2 a day).
So here are the results of week 3:
Weight: 237 (loss of 3 pounds!)
- Arms- 15″
- Waist-37″ (loss of 1″)
- Hips-46.5″ (loss of 1/2″)
- Thighs-27″ (loss of 1″)
- Calves-17″ (loss of 1/2″)
So a total of 3 inches and 3 pounds lost this week!
So I have only attempted creating one fat bomb recipe so far. The first time was a bust, they were gritty and way too hard! So I tinkered a bit, and make these Pecan Fudge Fat Bombs. Check it out below!
They have less than 1 carb per serving, and really taste like a fudgy chocolate treat!
Low Carb Pecan Fudge Fat Bombs
- 4 oz. food-grade cocoa butter
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons erythritol (I used Swerve)
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- silicone molds
- Over a double boiler, melt cocoa butter and coconut oil together.
- Whisk in cocoa powder until there are no clumps.
- Pour mixture into a blender.
- Add erythritol and blend for 1-2 minutes.
- Add cream and blend for about 5 minutes. This will ensure the sugar had dissolved.
- Place silicone molds onto a sheet pan and fill halfway with pecans.
- Pour chocolate mixture into desired molds and chill in refrigerator for 4 hours.
- Pop out of molds and enjoy! *Store in refrigerator until eaten, at room temp they will get too soft.