So today is the end of week two of my low carb dieting (less that 20 carbs per day). I’ve only lost 1 pound, but I have lost a couple inches! Here are the stats for this week:
Current Weight: 240 (Loss of 1 pound)
- Arms- 15″
- Waist-38″ (loss of 1″)
- Hips-47″ (loss of 1″)
Total loss of 2 inches!
I can see a slight difference around my waist and around my armpit area.
I am a little disappointed that I didn’t lose more in the pounds area. Week 1 my gym time was all power-walking and this week I did focus on lifting weights, that could be why I didn’t lose pounds but did lose 2 inches. I think week 3 I am going to eat a lot less cheese and see how that works for me! I also finally got my 1 gallon water bottle in the mail so I’m drinking almost twice the water I normally do, but that’s a good thing!
But all in all…in 2 weeks I have lost 5 1/2 inches off my body!
So on to this weeks recipe! Homemade Sunbutter!
So recently I was at the grocery store with my friend to quickly grab some peanut butter for the hubby (it’s totally his vice!) and I noticed they had Sunbutter! So I flipped the jar around and noticed 3 grams of sugar for every two tablespoons…lame!
So I thought to myself, I could just make this! And I did! It’s surprisingly easy and now I want to make all kinds of nut butters! I can’t wait to made macadamia, almond and homemade peanut butter!
- 4 cups roasted, unsalted sunflower seeds
- 2-4 tablespoons olive oil (a lighter variety)
- ¼ teaspoon liquid stevia
- ½ teaspoon salt
- In the bowl of a large food processor, place sunflower seeds and process.
- As mixture goes from a flour like consistency to clumping together (3-4 minutes), add in 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Be patient, this can take a several minutes.
- Continue processing, and as the mixture continues to warm, it should turn creamy and smooth and whir happily & easily inside the bowl. If not, it is OK to add a bit more oil until the mixture is runny and whirring smoothly.
- Continue to process for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the stevia, and salt to taste, and process to mix.
- By this time it should look like crunchy sunbutter, to make smooth transfer to a high-powered blender and blend on high for 3 additional minutes!