For as long as I can remember Ranch has always been the trashiest of trashy when it comes to dips or dressings. Working in a big resort, I was always making things like Roasted Beetroot & Pistachio Vinaigrette or Honey & Harissa Dressing….you know the fancy, pretentious stuff.
Pretty much the only Ranch dressing I’ve ever had is Hidden Valley which in all honesty…is a complete tragedy. Especially, after tasting this home made Ranch.
It is so simple, basically you put all the ingredients in a food processor or blender and blitz it up! I even use this as a dressing for Chicken Salad or Tuna Salad. So yummy!
Best Buttermilk Ranch Ever.
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 small bunch of fresh chives
- 1 small bunch of fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup buttermilk (depending on desired thickness) *you can also use heavy cream to make the carb count lower
- In a food processor or blender, blend all ingredients.