Strawberries are iconic to summer. The warm weather is here in Germany and I am ready for all that the local farmers markets here will bring this season! I found pints of these delicious little red berries at a market downtown for only one euro a pop!
After great success with the almond flour biscuits I decided to try out a little healthy dessert with the left overs. I mean, for about 3 weeks now I have been going to the gym for 2 hours a day! I deserve a little carbohydrate yumminess. Luckily, there are minimal grams of sugar in the entire dessert (all from fresh strawberries!)
Whipped Coconut Cream:
- Refrigerate 2 cans of full-fat coconut milk
- Open coconut milk and scoop off the coconut cream. The cream will be very thick and should easily scoop off from the top.
- Place cold coconut cream into a bowl and whip it with an electric mixer.
- Whip until coconut cream is fluffy. Feel free to add vanilla extract or your sweetener of choice to flavor this whipped cream. (I use a few drops of liquid stevia, pictured below)
Paleo Strawberry Shortcakes with Whipped Coconut Cream
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 almond flour biscuits (recipe here)
- 1 batch whipped coconut cream (see above)
- 4 cups quartered stawberries
Cut each biscuit length-wise and lay bottom on biscuit on plate. Spoon coconut cream over the biscuit and then a few heaping spoonfuls of strawberries over cream. Place the other half of the biscuit on top. Serve!
Pingback: Banana Cream Pie Chia Seed Pudding | The Primitive Palate·
Pingback: Paleo Strawberry Shortcakes with Whipped Coconut Cream | hellochellocrafts·